Getting Started on Your Design
When it comes to creating the digital artwork for a T-Shirt consider size, resolution, and a few different techniques. Many T-Shirt designers prefer Photoshop or Illustrator, depending on the technique and styles. If its Illustrator resolution doesn’t apply, but when using Photoshop its suggested to be in color mode RGB 8-bit, with resolution 300 DPI. Some suggested t-shirt design size is standard (17.5″ x 19″), oversized (19″ x 25″) or All-over (40″ x 35″). Next you want to want to decide what color T-shirt you want your design to be printed on, which each t shirt designer has there own colors and qualities. Now that you’re ready to start it is up to you to come with originality and creativity to help your graphic tee win.
Here are T-shirt Design Techniques to Guide You
- Master a T-shirt design concept, theme and idea: If your design is lead by a concept, idea or theme, make sure that it tells viewers something.
- Abstract: An abstract design is a collection of shapes or lines that do not represent anything physical. Not an easy task to combine different elements to create something alluring.
- Composition: How you use your T-shirt as your canvas to layout your design elements.
- Style: Through time you will develop your own distinct drawing style but if you don’t try and be original with your design.
- Depth: Depth is about layers of physical beauty or ideas. When you look at a design and see something within it, basically layers of different elements.
- Color: Finding colors awesome color combination to make your T-shirt stand out.
- Line, Shape and Texture: Direction of lines convey mood. Shapes need to be placed on a properly on a canvas. Texture is the surface quality of an object.
- Movement: Being able to portray movement through your design.
- Balance: Making objects equal weight, to balance out a design through using symmetrical or asymmetrical balance.